PennPIRG Internship Program
About the Internship
We’re looking for students who care about solving the problems that Pennsylvanians face. As an intern with PennPIRG, you’ll help us educate and engage people on the important issues we're working on. Whether it’s by getting our issues into the media, helping to grow our coalitions, organizing events, or communicating with elected officials you’ll be helping us build the support it takes to win. We’re looking for students who care deeply about solving these issues and are ready to make a difference now.
- We’re working to protect consumers from harmful utility practices and improve energy efficiency in buildings and homes so Pennsylvanians can save on their monthly bills and reduce their energy consumption to protect the planet.
- We’re advocating for science based policies to address the COVID-19 pandemic. We are mobilizing health professionals and constituents to call for improved testing, contact tracing, and PPE.
- We’re fighting for the Right to Repair so that consumers and independent businesses can fix their own electronics, hospitals can lower the cost of healthcare, and farmers can fix their own tractors. Our legislative campaign will save everyday people money and break up the repair monopoly held by big manufacturing companies.
- We’re working to improve public transportation and stop wasteful spending on highway projects. We’re fighting for safer bike lanes and pedestrian paths, giving Pennsylvanians more viable options to get around.
- We’re working to protect consumers from dangerous products on the market and unsafe food on store shelves. We provide public education to identify scams and financial threats and advocate with legislators to strengthen consumer protection laws.
- You’ll learn how to analyze problems ranging from public health, to consumer protection, to transportation — all while pushing for smart solutions and building the public support it takes to win.
- You’ll work side-by-side with one of our organizers, learning the ropes.
- You'll attend briefings and trainings to learn even more about our issues and gain organizing skills.
An internship with PennPIRG is one of the best ways to gain experience for a career in political advocacy. Not only will you get the training and experience you need, but we hire our most talented and committed interns to join our Fellowship Program when they graduate.
PennPIRG is an equal opportunity employer.